Creating a new PokerStars Account
Welcome to PokerStars and PokerSchoolOnline
How it works:
In order to be able to play online poker at PokerStars, you must first download the free software from Pokerstars.com.
Please use the above link to download the PokerStars software and start the installation process.
- Choose your language (e. g. English) and confirm by clicking 'Next'.
- Follow the instructions in the installation program.
You will now see a PokerStars software icon on your desktop. Double click on the shortcut to launch the PokerStars client. The software will now connect to the PokerStars server. Therefore, it is essential that you are connected to the Internet when you want to use the client.
Once the program has connected to the server, the PokerStars client will open.
Log in or create a new account
In order to play at one of the hundreds of tables running at any one time at PokerStars, and participate in the PokerSchoolOnline promotions and leagues, you first need to have an account. To set up a new account, click on 'Account' in the top navigation bar.
- A submenu will open. Click on the option 'Create Account'.
Validate the e-mail address
You will shortly receive an e-mail containing instructions on how to activate your account. If you don't receive the e-mail within 30 minutes of creating a new account, please check if you have entered your e-mail address correctly, or if the e-mail has ended up in your spam folder.
In the confirmation e-mail from PokerStars you will find an activation code which you have to enter when you log in to PokerStars for the first time.
- Start the PokerStars software and click on the 'Log In' button.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Click on 'Account' in the top menu, and then 'Validate Email Address' in the dropdown.
- A dialog box with your user ID will appear. Enter the validation code contained in the e-mail into the corresponding field. To avoid typing errors, you can copy the code from your e-mail and then paste it in. Finally, close the dialog box by clicking 'OK'.
To register at PokerSchoolOnline
Please start the PokerStars software and log in. Then select the 'Poker School' and 'Register' from the menu. Then fill in the required fields, including 'English' as your Language, in the dialog box and you're done!
In order to log into the PokerStars Cardroom you will need to use your PokerStars User ID and Password. In order to log into the PokerSchoolOnline website you will need to use your PokerStars User ID and your newly chosen PokerSchoolOnline Password.
If you had an old PokerSchoolOnline account you will be able to merge this account on your profile page of the PokerSchoolOnline website, but you will only be able to play in the PokerStars cardroom using your full PokerStars User ID and Password.
We wish you good luck and have fun at the tables.